Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 16

Thread: Modell 19 Crossovers!

  1. #1
    Inactive Member weasel951's Avatar
    Join Date
    January 15th, 2006
    Posts
    6
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Question

    Hello!
    I am searching for a pair modell 19 crossovers,or a possibility to make the x-overs by my self!
    (cabinets buildet new by my self,speakers 416-8c,802-8T
    Plz can anyone help me.

    Greetings,Andi Wieser.

  2. #2
    Inactive Member Altec19's Avatar
    Join Date
    July 21st, 2003
    Posts
    306
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Three things you could do:

    1. Buy used (and probably rebuild) but they are somewhat rare to find. Maybe watch eBay.

    2. Build. Here is the schematic:

    Link to M19 Crossover Schematic

    3. Buy new crossovers from Iconic:

    Link to Iconic

    Enjoy!

  3. #3
    HB Forum Owner Russ Farrell's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2nd, 2006
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I don't know if $332.50 is a typical price or not, but these just closed on ebay.
    ebay

  4. #4
    Senior Hostboard Member
    Modell 19 Crossovers!


    Old Guy's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 23rd, 2003
    Posts
    6,359
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    62 Post(s)

    Post

    forums Eeeyow! I'm afraid at that price I would Biamp. forums

    On the other hand if I had a clean pair of 19's that was missing them I'd probably just grimace and pony up.

  5. #5
    Inactive Member quindecima's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 14th, 2006
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Originally posted by Andi Wieser:
    Hello!
    I am searching for a pair modell 19 crossovers,or a possibility to make the x-overs by my self!
    (cabinets buildet new by my self,speakers 416-8c,802-8T
    Plz can anyone help me.

    Greetings,Andi Wieser.
    <font size="2" face="Verdana, Helvetica, sans-serif">Look for a pair of 1209-8a xo's, they are almost identical electrically

  6. #6
    Inactive Member dgwojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    172
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    The Model 19 uses an N1201-8A, I've rebuilt both the Model 19 and N1209-8A crossovers, trust-me, they're NOT the same!! The 19 was designed for the 19, not the A7, and the N1209-8A for sound re-enforcement, not the Model 19!! Dave.

    A7 Project With The NEW GPA 515-8LF's

  7. #7
    Inactive Member quindecima's Avatar
    Join Date
    June 14th, 2006
    Posts
    46
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    O.K. so then what is the difference? Notice I said ALMOST identical. The zobel, that can be removed. That leaves nothing but the inductors, is there a difference there?

  8. #8
    Inactive Member dgwojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    172
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi,
    Here's my notes on the caps and resistors, I'll have to measure the coils on the next one I rebuild. Each N1209-8A has two 18mfd caps, one 6mfd, and one 10mfd, the resistors, two 2 ohm, and two 8 ohm. Each N1201-8A has one 8mfd, one 6mfd, one 21mfd, and one 16mfd cap, the resistors, one 3 ohm, two 3.9 ohm, and one 2 ohm, I think the Model 19 X-over was designed around the nuances of the Model 19 cabinet and 811B horn, just my $.02, Dave.

  9. #9
    Inactive Member dgwojo's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 22nd, 2003
    Posts
    172
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Does anyone have a schematic for the N1209-8A crossover they could post?? Thank you in advance, Dave.

  10. #10
    Inactive Member whitebroncoii's Avatar
    Join Date
    February 14th, 2008
    Posts
    208
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Here ya go . . .

    5

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  
This forum has been viewed: 28131802 times.